keskiviikko 13. heinäkuuta 2011

I read a good book

This one: The Help

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4667024-the-help

Talks about black servants in Mississippi in 1960's. I really enjoyed the book. It made me think how much the world really has changed in so little time. I hope most of the changes are good. I know there is still prejudice, intolerance and many kinds of hardships black people face in many places in the world. I know many others face similar things in many places. But still, the world has changed for the better.

There are things that seem to get worse, though. More and more people are lonely, for different reasons. The saddest thing is to be lonely when surrounded by people. We keep networking via various means, but often people don't really connect. Not enough to share those things that matter the most.

Luckily that is something we can change. Face to face, one people at a time.

Ei kommentteja: